Tuesday 7 December 2010

the look doc for music magazine advert

Costume

From what I have shown the audience what the artist’s costume is like, I would follow the codes and conventions to meet the needs of the target audience. For this type of genre of music which is rap, the audience would expect the artist to wear a hoody, baggy/slim fit jean, sunglasses, chains, watch and a baggy top.
Set

The setting for the music magazine will be in an exterior location where there will be a different backgrounds to reveal the artist’s features in the magazine advert. Maybe there will be a light grey setting red set or a white background.
Props

The props/objects that will be used are chains, watches, a microphone, maybe sunglasses, headphones, hat, watches and earrings. This is to match the codes and conventions of our music video in the magazine advert. As these props are mostly used in all rap magazine adverts. Compared to a rock magazine advert, where it would be associated with guitars, dark clothing and tattoos exposed to reveal the artist’s features.
Lighting

The lighting will be bright in the music magazine advert. The lighting I will use in my advert is top lighting to create a glamorous look in the artist.
Colour Scheme

The colour scheme will most probably be red, grey and white as all these colours will bring out a desirable look in the artist. The reason why I am choosing these colours because these are colours that are associated with rap magazines adverts most predominantly red.   
Camera Style

As I want to make sure I reveal the artist’s features I will use a medium close up shot which is from head to waist. I will take this shot at a straight eye level angle.
Editing Style

-
Special FX

For special effects, I may use fades and I will experiment the effects from Photoshop and in design to see what effects I can use in creating meaning.
Performance

-
Kinetics

-

No comments:

Post a Comment